Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stop, Look, and Listen

I'm sitting in my cafe I hangout in between classes.  They have a piano in here, and anyone is welcome to play.  Right now, there's a guy playing, and I have to say, I really am enjoying it.  I am not a big fan of classical music, I consider it boring, but I feel like I have a completely changed perspective today.  It's so peaceful and sounds so glorious, all I wanted to do when he started playing was close my eyes, and talk to the Lord.  It's relaxing and really made me feel like I should put down everything I was doing and just listen.  Well, I had two revelations while thinking about "just listening" to it.  First, isn't it mentioned so many times in the bible to make glorious noise with music to the Lord.  Judges 5:3 says, "Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel."  Isn't this why we worship in song too, I almost feel like music lets so much more emotion out.  and Job 21:12 says, "They sing to the music of tambourine and harp; they make merry to the sound of the flute."  and Ephesians 5:19, says, "Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord."  Secondly, I thought about how we should sometimes just stop and listen.  Not just to music, but to anything.  Maybe someone needs to talk to us, but we just don't have time.. well, stop and take the time.  Or maybe God's trying to tell you something but you're just too busy.. stop, take some time to just listen to Him.  That's why I think daily quiet time is so important, it makes such a difference in your day, when you stop, listen, and obey God.  I challenge you to stop and listen to the music today, tomorrow, and for the rest of the week, get into the habit of stopping and listening. 

God,
Please help us to stop and listen to You every now and then.  We want to hear Your voice in our lives.  Help us to look out for You and Your voice, and let us take time for other people.  We love You Lord.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment