Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pandora God

I often wish that I had this never ending Pandora or Spotify playlist playing in my head.  Why? I guess I'm just silly like that, but I'm sure there's someone out there that wishes that too... I think that it's because when I listen to music that is uplifting and just so encouraging, I want to be surrounded by it... all of the time.  Hey guess what I forget though... there's this guy named Jesus Christ, and if you have Him in your heart, you are surrounded by that uplifting and encouraging feeling in your heart.  When I remember this, I can't help but smile... there's a God who loves ME. A savior who came and gave up His life for me.  A Creator, that designed the entire world and thought of me.  How can you not be surrounded by encouragement after hearing that?  I don't think we are reminded of this or realize this nearly often enough.  We don't give our Lord the credit He deserves... we're incapable of doing that, but we can try our best.  And unfortunately, I don't even do that... I don't even try sometimes.  Those times when we have the choice to do this... but do that instead.  Those times when we hear that voice pushing us that way, but we go the other.  But He loves us and continues to encourage us and push us towards Him anyways.  It's unfathomable.  That word, it gives me chills... unfathomable: not capable of being fathomed.  Fathom: comprehension.  His love is completely out of our comprehension.  We can't wrap our heads around it, it's impossible.  He's that big, and when we invite Him to be a constant part of our lives and ask Him to "surround" Himself around us... He will... and happily will. 
I always catch myself saying... "Oh if I did this, my relationship with the Lord would be better, closer." I'm usually referring to worldly things though... like, "Oh if I had this devotional, or if I knew how to play guitar, or if I had this place to pray, or if I had a quiet time routine."  But I don't realize quick enough, that I don't need any of that... I need Him. I need His constant presence. I need all of Him, around all of me, all of the time. 
Allow, invite, ask God to be your Pandora or Spotify playlist.  LET Him have that constant surrounding protection and presence in your life... today.

No comments:

Post a Comment