Saturday, January 7, 2012

Judgement

Wow, have I been struggling with that nine letter word. Judgement, according to dictionary.com means: a decision as in a court of law. How many times do you look at someone and judge them right of the back each day? I can tell you I do, countlessly!! It's sad, but it's just one of the infinite things we can thank Jesus for forgiving when He died for us! I am obsessed with stumble upon, for those of you who don't know, it's a wacky website that takes you to random web pages. Well today when I was stumbling, I came across this quote from C.S. Lewis, "It is not for us to say who, in the deepest sense, is or is not close to the spirit of Christ. We do not see into men's hearts. We cannot judge, and indeed are forbidden to judge. It would be wicked arrogance for us to say any man is, or is not, a Christian in this refined sense." That literally hit me in the face and made me think about what exactly I'm doing when I judge someone. I challenge you to read these verses today, or as soon as you can; I'm not going to type the verse out because I want you to be able to read them and challenge yourself for the day not to judge people! Just try, ask God for His help in having you do so! The verses are: John 7:24, John 8:15. Please email me if you can find any good verses pertaining to judgement as well, this is something really going to take seriously about challenging myself with!

No comments:

Post a Comment